Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Five Stages of Writing an Essay

1. Denial and Isolation:
"No, I can't go anywhere today, I have to go back to my room for the next six hours and write this essay...I can't believe I didn't start it yesterday, I really had meant to..."

2. Anger:
"How can Professor Generic expect us to write a seven page paper on excruciating subject 1 in only two days!? I don't know anything about the topic!"

3. Bargaining:
"Ok, I'll write two pages now, get some lunch, and write the rest after...or maybe, I can write three pages now, get lunch, AND have time to watch "Awsome Sitcom" before finishing..."

4. Depression:
"*Sigh* I'm never going to finish this- I mean, that's it, I'm going to fail the class, and I'll never graduate college (over-reacting, etc.)..."

5. Acceptance:
"Alright, I just gotta get this done- I can do this..."




I'm currently going through stage 4 right now...(*stupid financial deregulation paper*) 

No comments: